We are very excited about our upcoming meeting on Saturday March 13th!
Our keynote speaker will be Lauren Esposito, Schlinger Curator of Arachnology at the California Academy of Sciences. She will be speaking about “Identity as a Pathway: Scorpion Evolution and Queer Advocacy.”
We will also host a panel discussion, “Encouraging Diversity in the Field of Entomology: A Panel Discussion with BIPOC Entomologists.”
The panel will feature:
- Dr. Dominic Evangelista, Adelphi University, co-founder of EntoPOC (Moderator)
- Dr. Sebastian Echeverri, American Arachnological Society
- Megan Wilson, PhD candidate, American Museum of Natural History & Rutgers University-Newark, co-founder of EntoPOC
- Sallqa-Tuwa Mafla BondocGawa, American Museum of Natural History & Rutgers University-Newark, co-founder of EntoPOC
- Teá Kesting-Handly, PhD Student, University of Massachusetts Boston
The meeting will be held from 12:30pm to 4pm Eastern Time. There will be a business meeting preceding the panel discussion and keynote presentation; a full agenda will be sent prior to the meeting.
Advanced registration is required. Use this link to Register now!