It’s fall, and for those of us who love insects and other arthropods, that means sallow moths and plume moths, migrating monarchs, annoying non-native stink bugs and lady beetles migrating indoors, Arachtober, and the end of the growing season. But it also means it’s almost time for the NEES fall meeting! This year the meeting will be held Saturday, Nov. 18th 10am-3pm, at the Millers River Environmental Center, 100 Main St, Athol, MA. We have a pretty amazing agenda planned, featuring a morning of presentations, followed by a lunchtime general meeting (with DOOR PRIZES! :-)) and then an afternoon id session. There is no charge to attend the meeting, but why not take the opportunity to become a member while you’re hanging out?
- 10am: Welcome from NEES President Teá Kesting-Handly
- 10:15am: A presentation from Sam Jaffe of The Caterpillar Lab, “The Secret Lives of Caterpillars”
- 11:15-11:30am: A quick break
- 11:30am: A presentation from naturalist and author Charley Eiseman, “Life in a Leaf: The Wonderful World of Leafminers”
- 12:30pm: General meeting and lunch (bring your own, or chip in for pizza)
- 1:45-3:15pm: ID session (bring your too-challenging-to-id-yourself photos on your laptop/phone/flash drive!)
We hope you’re as excited about this meeting as we are! Please let us know you’re coming by filling out this quick Google Form.